volunteer Opportunities for adults and students
Sharing your time and talents with people who need you. Volunteering gives you an opportunity to provide your special touch of kindness to our residents. Your labor of love at Lutheran Home will include work with both residents and professionals in a wide range of activities:
• Resident Services: spending time with residents, visiting, reading, or enjoying a walk together
• Resident Activities: playing cards, board games, making crafts, etc.
• Resident Escort: transfer residents in wheelchairs to activity
• General Store: assisting residents with their shopping needs
• Shepherd’s Flock: helping in our childcare center
• Administrative: assisting with clerical work
• Pastoral Care: usher, reader, communion assistant, altar guild
• Auxiliary: craft sales, bake sales, etc.
• Pet Therapy: visiting residents with your approved dog
Benefits You Receive
Volunteering is not just about giving, but also receiving. Volunteering can be a way for people with common interests to meet, get to know each other, stay informed and connect on a social level. It’s easier to contribute to the greater good when you feel a sense of belonging!
Many of our volunteers serve on a regular basis, spending 1-3 hours per week. Others visit with residents when their schedule allows. We are flexible.
Requirements to Get Started
Prospective volunteers (starting at age 12) must complete an application form (below) and interview with the Volunteer Manager. We will match your interests with Lutheran Home needs. Bring a friend, sibling, or other loved one along!
Volunteer opportunities are available and ongoing.
We thank you for your support and commitment to our ministry of service.
For information about upcoming volunteer opportunities please contact Beth Gauthier at email@example.com